Skip to main content

Finding the right guy.

Being a woman with a past like mine, finding the "right guy" is tough. Every girl wants that fairy-tale love and in reality with people like us, that just doesn't happen. Not quite the way we expect anyways. But I finally found it. It's not a fairy-tale, for either of us. To be the right guy for for people like me, you must be strong enough to love me no matter what. I have found that guy. The guy that will sit and hold me when I have a random panic attack because I heard a loud noise. The guy that will randomly call me to help through a bad dream or just a bad day. The guy that works night but will still come over early the following morning if I had a bad dream/night just so he can sit with me and help me feel better. The guy that will sit while I fuss about unimportant things because I'm having a rough time dealing with everything. The guy that knows that I don't trust easily but he still took a chance on me and works everyday to help me trust and love him. The guy that puts my fears to rest and even though he doesn't KNOW exactly how I'm feeling, because he didn't go through it, he understands me and is there for me no matter what. He doesn't expect anything from me. He has learned my body language and has now gotten to the point, only at 8 months (almost 9), where he knows what  kind of day I'm having and whats going through my mind before I even tell him. He has learned, subconsciously, to change his demeanor and word choices just to make things easier on me. He knows he doesn't have to, I've dated guys who would just tell em to get over it, but instead he works with me because he loves me. THAT'S what the right guy will do. He will love you despite your "problems" and will learn what to do when these things arise. And he will do it without you asking him to; he does it because he loves you. 
It took me a while to notice the little things he was doing for me. How he could tell when something was wrong and would change the way he chose his words just so nothing got worse. It took me a while to notice these things. He didn't do it to get credit for doing it like most guys; he did it because he loved me and wanted things to be better for me. 
I've noticed these things now. Knowing he has done this and continues to do this without expecting me to give him credit for it, makes me fall in love with him more and more. I know that if I have a bad dream I can call him up and talk to him about it. Or if I have one of those super ridiculous fears pop up that is beyond stupid but I can't shake, I know I can call him and he wont think I'm crazy and criticize me. 
We still have our ups and downs, like I said this isn't a fairy-tale. We fight, we disagree, and sometimes we are just on completely opposite pages of the book; but I know that no matter what he is there for me. To help me through my bad days and to walk beside me on my good days. He is my Mr. Right! 

"You come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly." -Sam Keen 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Embracing Imperfection ~ Scars

There are many different posts I can make about "Embracing Imperfection" that's why I added a part to the title regarding this specific post Scars . We all can recognize what an external scar on the skin is; we've all fallen a few times and gotten a scrape that turns into a scar, in some cases the scar fades over time and in other cases they don't. But no-one really takes into account our internal scarring...why is that? Now I don't mean literally inside our body like scar tissue from a surgery, I mean our emotional scarring. The scarring that is so evidently present to us but no-one else sees it. If you take a look at the definition of a scar (just a scar in general) it, of course goes over other details but it also says that it is the process of wound repair and that it is a natural occurrence in the healing process . Let me repeat this...it is the process of wound repair and a natural occurrence in the healing process. What is the difference in that defi

Don't Give Them the Satisfaction

We all know what rejection feels like...no I don't mean getting turned from a guy or girl, I mean the rejection of being told you can't or maybe you won't be good at it, or anything else related those. So what I am about to tell you is super important....are you ready?? Don't give them the satisfaction! It's hard to keep going when you are told you can't do something or that you won't be good at something, but don't give the person the satisfaction of you quitting no matter what. Now, I'm not saying that every person who tells you that you won't be able to do something is meaning it in a cruel or malicious intent in mind, the person could just have your best interest in mind but still don't let them tell you what you have the ability to do. It's tough, trust me I know. When someone tells me I won't be good at something, will have a hard time with something, or that I just don't have the skills it hurts and it's hard to not gi

My Story Begins

My story is one that people around my community do not know, in fact the majority of even my friends are unaware. This is my way of getting this out, my way of letting people know and understand, and to Share the Glass Slipper ! There were times in high school that probably would have been a lot smoother had the teachers, staff, and students knew why I was the way I was. They didn't understand why I would prefer to have my nose in a book than to communicate with my classmates. This is my story, the one that has been told to very few people, aside from the strangers in my Washington DC presentation. From the time I was born until I was almost four I lived with my biological mother. During this time my 'first step-father' and mother moved me and my sisters from Alabama to Mississippi, away from my Father. My story begins, however, when my mother and 'first step-father' divorced and she moved in with another man. So now you ask what happened? During a visitation wit