Skip to main content

How do I still believe in God?

A lot of people ask me how I can still believe in God when all of that happened to me when I was younger. So how do I? I’ll explain. 

First, People all the time come back with “If God really existed then why would things like that happen in the first place?” Well the answer is this: The devil. We must first remember that Christ also suffered when He was on this earth. HE was beaten, persecuted, and crucified by evil people in this world. By one of his closest people, his own disciple, he was betrayed. That is the first thing that people must remember. The devil has his hold on evil people. 
In John 16:33 Jesus tells us that we are going to have suffering, no matter what form it comes in: “These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.” God gave us the opportunity to live in the Garden of Eden and Adam and Eve took it unto their own decision, by influence of the devil might I had, to eat from the one tree God said not to: The tree of the knowledge of good and evil therefore allowing evil and the devil into our lives and being able to persuade us and yet God still continues to love and show us mercy and still choose to send His son to die for every sin we commit so that we can be with Him in Heaven. So why do I believe bad things happen? Because the people have evil in their soul because the devil is trying to take advantage of us and keep us from believing and following God. 

Second, DO I believe that the people can be redeemed? Yes I do. God sent His son to die on the cross to save us from our sins. I believe that anyone who repents and devote their life to God can be forgiven (As I stated in my post about Forgiveness). It is not my place to judge and condemn someone for what they have done but it is God’s.

Third, what verses help me get though tough times?


Proverbs 3:5-7 
Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths. 

This verse reminds me that no matter what has happened and no matter what will happen the Lord will direct my path; no matter how confusing or hard things get. God is what gets me through my tough times, and they can be quite frequent. 

Romans 8:18
“For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory for which         shall be revealed to us.”

This reminds me of all the good that will come in Glory when I am by my Saviors side. 

  Philippians 4:13 
“I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” 

This verse is truly one that I remind myself daily. NO matter what I go through in life Christ will strengthen me and protect me. 

Ecclesiastes 7:9 
“Be not hasty in thy spirit to be angry: for anger restate in the bosom of fools.” 

This verse reminds me that when I feel angry about everything that happened and when I struggle that if I am angry I have allowed evil to touch my soul, God wants us to love not hate. 

These were just VERY FEW verses that I lean on when I feel down. There are so much many more. I choose to believe in God because I know that He is my strength and that He has saved me from my sins with His love and Mercy. So when I feel down I choose to pray and put all my worries in God’s’ hands.

Image result for i can do all things through christ who strengthens me

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Embracing Imperfection ~ Scars

There are many different posts I can make about "Embracing Imperfection" that's why I added a part to the title regarding this specific post Scars . We all can recognize what an external scar on the skin is; we've all fallen a few times and gotten a scrape that turns into a scar, in some cases the scar fades over time and in other cases they don't. But no-one really takes into account our internal scarring...why is that? Now I don't mean literally inside our body like scar tissue from a surgery, I mean our emotional scarring. The scarring that is so evidently present to us but no-one else sees it. If you take a look at the definition of a scar (just a scar in general) it, of course goes over other details but it also says that it is the process of wound repair and that it is a natural occurrence in the healing process . Let me repeat this...it is the process of wound repair and a natural occurrence in the healing process. What is the difference in that defi

Don't Give Them the Satisfaction

We all know what rejection feels like...no I don't mean getting turned from a guy or girl, I mean the rejection of being told you can't or maybe you won't be good at it, or anything else related those. So what I am about to tell you is super important....are you ready?? Don't give them the satisfaction! It's hard to keep going when you are told you can't do something or that you won't be good at something, but don't give the person the satisfaction of you quitting no matter what. Now, I'm not saying that every person who tells you that you won't be able to do something is meaning it in a cruel or malicious intent in mind, the person could just have your best interest in mind but still don't let them tell you what you have the ability to do. It's tough, trust me I know. When someone tells me I won't be good at something, will have a hard time with something, or that I just don't have the skills it hurts and it's hard to not gi

My Story Begins

My story is one that people around my community do not know, in fact the majority of even my friends are unaware. This is my way of getting this out, my way of letting people know and understand, and to Share the Glass Slipper ! There were times in high school that probably would have been a lot smoother had the teachers, staff, and students knew why I was the way I was. They didn't understand why I would prefer to have my nose in a book than to communicate with my classmates. This is my story, the one that has been told to very few people, aside from the strangers in my Washington DC presentation. From the time I was born until I was almost four I lived with my biological mother. During this time my 'first step-father' and mother moved me and my sisters from Alabama to Mississippi, away from my Father. My story begins, however, when my mother and 'first step-father' divorced and she moved in with another man. So now you ask what happened? During a visitation wit