Skip to main content

My Story Begins

My story is one that people around my community do not know, in fact the majority of even my friends are unaware. This is my way of getting this out, my way of letting people know and understand, and to Share the Glass Slipper!
There were times in high school that probably would have been a lot smoother had the teachers, staff, and students knew why I was the way I was. They didn't understand why I would prefer to have my nose in a book than to communicate with my classmates. This is my story, the one that has been told to very few people, aside from the strangers in my Washington DC presentation.

From the time I was born until I was almost four I lived with my biological mother. During this time my 'first step-father' and mother moved me and my sisters from Alabama to Mississippi, away from my Father. My story begins, however, when my mother and 'first step-father' divorced and she moved in with another man. So now you ask what happened? During a visitation with my Biological Father things I had said and done arose suspicion that I was being sexually abused. My father and step-mother petitioned the courts to have me under go counseling to find out the truth and after only a few sessions an affidavit was signed to remove me from my mothers home because the counselor said with everything I had unveiled to her gave them proof enough to believe that I was in fact being sexually abused. By the age of four my Father was granted custody and in 2009 my step-mother adopted me as her own.

As I have gotten older I have had fears arise that sometimes would never make sense and with age memories would arise and they not only scared me but I also didn't understand. My Mom (step) finally gave me access to my box of records that contained the counselor's reports, reports by the Child Advocacy Center of Dothan, records and so much more. While reading these reports and reading comments that I had said to them, everything become much clearer.

But through that event and the start of my life I can say that God has blessed me beyond belief. I can truly say I am Blessed enough to KNOW that God is real and have experienced His mercy and blessings. For He blessed me with my Father who could have given up on proving that I was his when we left for Mississippi but instead fought to prove I was his biological daughter and then fought again to get me away from the man who hurt me. God has blessed me with a Mother and Sister that was willing to do anything to help my Daddy get me home. I can say that now that I am old enough to understand and to cope with the events that happened as a child I have grown relationship with God that might otherwise been void in my life.

Image result for cinderella glass slipper

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Embracing Imperfection ~ Scars

There are many different posts I can make about "Embracing Imperfection" that's why I added a part to the title regarding this specific post Scars . We all can recognize what an external scar on the skin is; we've all fallen a few times and gotten a scrape that turns into a scar, in some cases the scar fades over time and in other cases they don't. But no-one really takes into account our internal scarring...why is that? Now I don't mean literally inside our body like scar tissue from a surgery, I mean our emotional scarring. The scarring that is so evidently present to us but no-one else sees it. If you take a look at the definition of a scar (just a scar in general) it, of course goes over other details but it also says that it is the process of wound repair and that it is a natural occurrence in the healing process . Let me repeat this...it is the process of wound repair and a natural occurrence in the healing process. What is the difference in that defi

Don't Give Them the Satisfaction

We all know what rejection feels like...no I don't mean getting turned from a guy or girl, I mean the rejection of being told you can't or maybe you won't be good at it, or anything else related those. So what I am about to tell you is super important....are you ready?? Don't give them the satisfaction! It's hard to keep going when you are told you can't do something or that you won't be good at something, but don't give the person the satisfaction of you quitting no matter what. Now, I'm not saying that every person who tells you that you won't be able to do something is meaning it in a cruel or malicious intent in mind, the person could just have your best interest in mind but still don't let them tell you what you have the ability to do. It's tough, trust me I know. When someone tells me I won't be good at something, will have a hard time with something, or that I just don't have the skills it hurts and it's hard to not gi