Skip to main content

This Blog's Purpose

This blog deals with the journey to become resilient. This blog will go along with my personal story and my journey, both past and present. This blog is called "Sharing the Glass Slipper" because I am using it to help others in similar to same situations as I had; To help people who have anxiety, depression, PTSD, and any other related illness to due to traumatic events in their life no matter what that event is. I am doing this so that maybe my story can touch someone else and help them become resilient also.  This is to let people know that just because you are resilient doesn't mean you won't have bad days. Bad days will still find you but it is how you deal with those days and where you go from there that shows how resilient you are.

"The best preparation for tomorrow is doing your best today" - H. Jackson Brown, Jr. 

Comments

  1. I love this!! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got so much respect for you that you are able to use what horrible things happened to help others. You are a survivor of crime that is beyond disheartening, and so brave to write and openly talk about it. You are a hero! God bless your father and step-MoM for fighting for your life and rights, and bringing you to safety to show you the love every child deserves.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Perspective: "Some see a weed, others see a wish"

We all know the saying about whether the glass is half full or half empty and we are always told to look at things from other perspectives. Well, that's exactly what this blog post will be about. This world is full of evil and evil-doers and while I wish all of these bad things would never occur they do,  keep in mind while reading this I am not saying it's something that should be accepted, I'm simply talking about my personally perspective about MY situation and about general situations. I've learned that by changing your perspective, your life changes. You become happier and the small failures don't become overwhelming to you as they would have before. It doesn't make life perfect and it won't mean you won't have bad times or be depressed at times, but it does a lot more than people give it credit for. Theres a quote that comes up a lot that says "If you don't like something change it; if you can't change it, change the way you look at ...

The bad days; What caused them and what do I do?

Some days are just genuinely bad with no rhyme or reason; others are bad because I have become overwhelmed and my PTSD decides to kick and make it a little worse. Both are as equally bad and both can be a pain to try and deal with and calm myself down. This past week was good, I had a conference that aligned with my College major, it was enjoyable. However, toward the end of the conference week, When I was starting to get exhausted from the early to late days and the push I was giving myself mentally to not let the exhaustion get to me, I noticed I was starting to get more nervous. We did this one "simulation" to help us see what it was like in some peoples shoes with higher mental disorders, keep in mind this conference was to train us to interpret in the mental health field, and I figured it would be no big deal I can join in and listen to the tape...well....that was the wrong choice. I put the headphones on, started playing the tape, listened for a few minutes and then fel...

Don't Give Them the Satisfaction

We all know what rejection feels like...no I don't mean getting turned from a guy or girl, I mean the rejection of being told you can't or maybe you won't be good at it, or anything else related those. So what I am about to tell you is super important....are you ready?? Don't give them the satisfaction! It's hard to keep going when you are told you can't do something or that you won't be good at something, but don't give the person the satisfaction of you quitting no matter what. Now, I'm not saying that every person who tells you that you won't be able to do something is meaning it in a cruel or malicious intent in mind, the person could just have your best interest in mind but still don't let them tell you what you have the ability to do. It's tough, trust me I know. When someone tells me I won't be good at something, will have a hard time with something, or that I just don't have the skills it hurts and it's hard to not gi...