Skip to main content

Trust or Not to Trust.

For people who have been through what I have it is easy to understand that we have a problem with trust. What makes things worse is living in a world where people don't give you reason to trust them. It is so easy for people to lie now a days, we live in a world where the internet makes it even easier. People do things and make choices based off what will please them. This is why I have a hard a time trusting. I'm going to give y'all some examples on to why people make this already hard situation even worse.
One guy I use to date was the worlds worst liar. He would lie over things that really had no point. After catching him in many lies it would be expected that I couldn't trust him and as assumed it would make me even more nervous toward trusting guys. This guy had done everything right, treated me like a princess and would've been the ideal guy...if it wasn't for the lies.
I dated this guy, we were together for over two years. This was the "perfect guy" or so I had thought. He was everything I had ever wanted: he was a good Christian guy, said the perfect things,and even  made me feel important and special. I was head over heels for this guy. We had our ups and down but what couple didn't? We broke up at one point and that's when I had learned he wasn't completely what he said he was; he had done quite a bit of questionable stuff (I will not go into that because it is not my place) but when he came back to me I took him back with open arms and faced the consequences of what he had done gracefully by his side. Things were going great this time. Maybe we just needed that separation to realize what we had meant to each other... or not. He broke up with me again, I'm not going into the details of that either, but what came after is the reasons I don't trust guys. He had told me, not long after this break up, that he never really loved me and I didn't mean anything to him. Ouch. With years of being told you were his one true love, he never felt like this with anyone, that he knew that God sent us to each other, that he would never love anyone this way, he tells you that he never meant a word. I went through A LOT of crap during that time when we were back together that most girls would not have, he broke my heart again, and then even though all the stuff we have been through will deny he ever felt anything for me. This guy had wrote songs for me and said things that would make my heart melt just to look back on his Facebook and find out that the same song he "wrote for me" was the exact same he wrote to his girlfriend before me and he said those wonderful things to her also and I have no doubt he is telling his new girlfriend the same.
Here is another reason why my trust in guys are gone, this is not with one specific ex it's all of them. They haven't stuck to their word. I'm not saying all guys are like this but with me not sticking to something you said once or twice is devastating to my trust than it is for most people. IF you don't think you can do something then don't say you will! Simple as that. I understand if something occurs but with every time you promise something you back out then there is a problem. I've heard the statement "I said that because I wanted to make you happy" so many times and it irks me sooooo bad!! In the end I AIN'T HAPPY!! I can't stand when someone is unreliable, it removes my trust immediately and after three, four, five, six times it's gonna take a heck of a lot to earn that trust back that took so long to build in the first place.
Because I have such a hard time trusting I also have a hard time with friends, most of my friends don't even realize it. I second guess every little thing whether they've given me a reason or not. I end up taken little things that most people don't even notice and take it personally. I start second guessing if they are really my friends, if they mean what they say and so much more. So I typically stay to myself.

"The trust of the innocent is the liar's most useful tool."-Stephen King 

"Be careful who you trust, the Devil was once an Angel."  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Embracing Imperfection ~ Scars

There are many different posts I can make about "Embracing Imperfection" that's why I added a part to the title regarding this specific post Scars . We all can recognize what an external scar on the skin is; we've all fallen a few times and gotten a scrape that turns into a scar, in some cases the scar fades over time and in other cases they don't. But no-one really takes into account our internal scarring...why is that? Now I don't mean literally inside our body like scar tissue from a surgery, I mean our emotional scarring. The scarring that is so evidently present to us but no-one else sees it. If you take a look at the definition of a scar (just a scar in general) it, of course goes over other details but it also says that it is the process of wound repair and that it is a natural occurrence in the healing process . Let me repeat this...it is the process of wound repair and a natural occurrence in the healing process. What is the difference in that defi

Don't Give Them the Satisfaction

We all know what rejection feels like...no I don't mean getting turned from a guy or girl, I mean the rejection of being told you can't or maybe you won't be good at it, or anything else related those. So what I am about to tell you is super important....are you ready?? Don't give them the satisfaction! It's hard to keep going when you are told you can't do something or that you won't be good at something, but don't give the person the satisfaction of you quitting no matter what. Now, I'm not saying that every person who tells you that you won't be able to do something is meaning it in a cruel or malicious intent in mind, the person could just have your best interest in mind but still don't let them tell you what you have the ability to do. It's tough, trust me I know. When someone tells me I won't be good at something, will have a hard time with something, or that I just don't have the skills it hurts and it's hard to not gi

My Story Begins

My story is one that people around my community do not know, in fact the majority of even my friends are unaware. This is my way of getting this out, my way of letting people know and understand, and to Share the Glass Slipper ! There were times in high school that probably would have been a lot smoother had the teachers, staff, and students knew why I was the way I was. They didn't understand why I would prefer to have my nose in a book than to communicate with my classmates. This is my story, the one that has been told to very few people, aside from the strangers in my Washington DC presentation. From the time I was born until I was almost four I lived with my biological mother. During this time my 'first step-father' and mother moved me and my sisters from Alabama to Mississippi, away from my Father. My story begins, however, when my mother and 'first step-father' divorced and she moved in with another man. So now you ask what happened? During a visitation wit