Skip to main content

Don't Give Them the Satisfaction

We all know what rejection feels like...no I don't mean getting turned from a guy or girl, I mean the rejection of being told you can't or maybe you won't be good at it, or anything else related those. So what I am about to tell you is super important....are you ready?? Don't give them the satisfaction! It's hard to keep going when you are told you can't do something or that you won't be good at something, but don't give the person the satisfaction of you quitting no matter what. Now, I'm not saying that every person who tells you that you won't be able to do something is meaning it in a cruel or malicious intent in mind, the person could just have your best interest in mind but still don't let them tell you what you have the ability to do. It's tough, trust me I know. When someone tells me I won't be good at something, will have a hard time with something, or that I just don't have the skills it hurts and it's hard to not give up. I get it. Don't give them the satisfaction. The only person who needs to believe in your abilities is yourself, if you believe you can then you can.
One of my favorites quotes that I find helps me out the most that I also tend to forget the most is simply this: "Whether you think you can or whether you can't — you are right" from Henry Ford. That quote shows that your attitude toward your own abilities is what will determine your success or failure. There are plenty of situations where someone was rejected again and again and again but never gave up. Look at many of the famous authors: Stephen King, J.K. Rowling, William Faulkner; these are just a few of the many authors who were rejected time and time again and never gave up and then made it big! Babe Ruth made the comment "It's hard to beat a person who never gives up" which is something that we need to remind ourselves of daily, if we never give up we can't be beat. Another quote that I try to remind myself of is "Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes it's the little voice at the end of the day saying I'll try again tomorrow" stated by Mary Anne Radmacher. When you are feeling overwhelmed it's hard to not break down and give up; it's imperative to remember that taking a step back for a moment is okay but don't quit. Take that 5-10 minutes and cry, let it out, but then come back with more drive than you had before.
BE like a phoenix, The phoenix burns and from the flames it rises, bigger and brighter each time. Cristin Rodgers, an author, wrote the statement "I've died a thousand deaths, each time reinventing myself brighter, stronger, and purer than before. From the midst of destruction, I became the greater of myself. From the midst of the darkness, I became my own source of light." Failure is inevitable, what's important is getting up again, making the adjustments you need and this time firing back with a brighter and clearer perspective to help with your success. Be the Phoenix and rise, rise, and rise again.

You are the author of your story, not the people around you. You decide what you are able to do and only you can. If you have the mind set that you can't then you can't but it is ultimately decided by yourself. Don't let the opinions of others determine what you ultimately decide yourself. Take a moment, reevaluate the situation and then go for it stronger.


Image result for phoenix clip artStill I rise

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Embracing Imperfection ~ Scars

There are many different posts I can make about "Embracing Imperfection" that's why I added a part to the title regarding this specific post Scars . We all can recognize what an external scar on the skin is; we've all fallen a few times and gotten a scrape that turns into a scar, in some cases the scar fades over time and in other cases they don't. But no-one really takes into account our internal scarring...why is that? Now I don't mean literally inside our body like scar tissue from a surgery, I mean our emotional scarring. The scarring that is so evidently present to us but no-one else sees it. If you take a look at the definition of a scar (just a scar in general) it, of course goes over other details but it also says that it is the process of wound repair and that it is a natural occurrence in the healing process . Let me repeat this...it is the process of wound repair and a natural occurrence in the healing process. What is the difference in that defi

My Story Begins

My story is one that people around my community do not know, in fact the majority of even my friends are unaware. This is my way of getting this out, my way of letting people know and understand, and to Share the Glass Slipper ! There were times in high school that probably would have been a lot smoother had the teachers, staff, and students knew why I was the way I was. They didn't understand why I would prefer to have my nose in a book than to communicate with my classmates. This is my story, the one that has been told to very few people, aside from the strangers in my Washington DC presentation. From the time I was born until I was almost four I lived with my biological mother. During this time my 'first step-father' and mother moved me and my sisters from Alabama to Mississippi, away from my Father. My story begins, however, when my mother and 'first step-father' divorced and she moved in with another man. So now you ask what happened? During a visitation wit