Skip to main content

Journey into mommyhood - 6 months old!



    Let's be honest, all my life all I ever wanted was to be a mom. I was that child who didn't dream of growing up to teach or be a doctor but just simply be a mom. When I was told getting pregnant for me would be difficult because of my endometriosis I was devastated. And you could just imagine the joy I felt when I learned I was pregnant but also the fear that came along with the what ifs. Being a mother has been beyond what I ever imagined it to be like. In these first 6 months (Yes I can't believe it's been 6 months already) I have learned so much, including that being a mother is everything I had wanted and more. 
Everyone was quick to warn me of the bad things: "You'll never sleep again" "You will never feel like yourself again" or even "Just wait for the spit up and poop and pee." But what they didn't tell me was the amazing heart-filling moments. Wait for that feeling of when I hold her for the first time. Wait for the moments where I'm holding her and she just stares up at me eyes full of wonder and love. For the moments where you are beyond exhausted and frustrated and want to cry but she looks up at you and smiles and all of those feelings melt away. Being a mom (even in just these 6 months), while it is difficult, has been the most rewarding and most amazing thing I could ever do in my life. 
I have heard that there is a different kind of love, a more unconditional and filling love, that you feel when your child is born. That is something I couldn't wait for and I dreamed of being able to experience but it also something that I could never fully understand until the moment I held my daughter in my arms for the first time. The moment I looked at her tiny face. 
I'm gonna be honest up until she was born I was so scared. The weeks leading up to her delivery I scared but the day that I went into the hospital to be induced I was beyond afraid. My husband and I were going to be in charge of this little tiny human who is going to depend on us. Boy was I afraid. But the moment they laid her in my arms all of my worries melted away. Nothing else mattered. This little tiny human became my whole world. 
One of the biggest things we are going through right now is that my daughter has hit the stage where all she wants is me. She will stay with someone else for a little bit as long as I am in the room, but even then its not long. It is beyond gratifying and fills my heart with joy but at the same time it is overwhelming. Especially on the days where I am beyond exhausted. It's a crazy thing being joyful and overwhelmed about something all at the same time. I have to remind myself that feeling overwhelmed does not mean I'm not doing a good job. Being a mom is hard. I think all mom can agree. Would I change it for anything? Absolutely not! She is my life, heart and soul! It is so hard but oh so worth it! 
I am ridiculously blessed to have my daughter! Being her mom is by far the best thing I can and will ever do in my life! One of the best things is when she looks up at me and smiles because she knows I am her person. I will always be there for her no matter what life brings. While I brought her into this world she is has given me life. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Embracing Imperfection ~ Scars

There are many different posts I can make about "Embracing Imperfection" that's why I added a part to the title regarding this specific post Scars . We all can recognize what an external scar on the skin is; we've all fallen a few times and gotten a scrape that turns into a scar, in some cases the scar fades over time and in other cases they don't. But no-one really takes into account our internal scarring...why is that? Now I don't mean literally inside our body like scar tissue from a surgery, I mean our emotional scarring. The scarring that is so evidently present to us but no-one else sees it. If you take a look at the definition of a scar (just a scar in general) it, of course goes over other details but it also says that it is the process of wound repair and that it is a natural occurrence in the healing process . Let me repeat this...it is the process of wound repair and a natural occurrence in the healing process. What is the difference in that defi

Don't Give Them the Satisfaction

We all know what rejection feels like...no I don't mean getting turned from a guy or girl, I mean the rejection of being told you can't or maybe you won't be good at it, or anything else related those. So what I am about to tell you is super important....are you ready?? Don't give them the satisfaction! It's hard to keep going when you are told you can't do something or that you won't be good at something, but don't give the person the satisfaction of you quitting no matter what. Now, I'm not saying that every person who tells you that you won't be able to do something is meaning it in a cruel or malicious intent in mind, the person could just have your best interest in mind but still don't let them tell you what you have the ability to do. It's tough, trust me I know. When someone tells me I won't be good at something, will have a hard time with something, or that I just don't have the skills it hurts and it's hard to not gi

My Story Begins

My story is one that people around my community do not know, in fact the majority of even my friends are unaware. This is my way of getting this out, my way of letting people know and understand, and to Share the Glass Slipper ! There were times in high school that probably would have been a lot smoother had the teachers, staff, and students knew why I was the way I was. They didn't understand why I would prefer to have my nose in a book than to communicate with my classmates. This is my story, the one that has been told to very few people, aside from the strangers in my Washington DC presentation. From the time I was born until I was almost four I lived with my biological mother. During this time my 'first step-father' and mother moved me and my sisters from Alabama to Mississippi, away from my Father. My story begins, however, when my mother and 'first step-father' divorced and she moved in with another man. So now you ask what happened? During a visitation wit