Skip to main content

Update and Top 5 Favorite books!

I told you guys that I would be honest. That I was going to let you guys follow my journey (past, present and future) through both the good and the bad and I have told y'all to not be ashamed of the bad times but yet I haven't owned my own feelings lately.  So here is that update I should have done months ago. I have been struggling. My depression has had be really down and I honestly didn't even recognize it. I started sleeping, a lot, and just not wanting to do anything. I even stopped reading which, for me, is a big indicator that something is wrong. I have had a lot going on. I have one more class i need to take so I didn't graduate when I was supposed to, my endometriosis has been flaring up and while my husband and I have been trying to get pregnant it's not happening as quick as I would have liked. I am finally admitting that my depression has been bad lately and I finally talked with someone yesterday. We have decided to get back with my primary doctor (because that's who prescribes my anxiety/depression medicine) and swap my medicine because I have been on this particular one for an extremely long time and maybe my body has become immune to it.
I get that it is hard to admit that you are struggling, especially when everyone expects you to be okay (that another blog post for another time) but it is important to take care of yourself.

So with that I have decided to give you all my TOP 5 FAVORITE BOOKS (two are technically series)!!!!


  1. House of Night Novels by P.C. and Kristen Cast 
                    This series has 12 total book in it! I have read each book 4 times each (and some a little more than that. They have also recently added on 2 more books (one more coming out in October) with the series title of House of Night: Other World and lets be honest they are just as good! They also have short novellas to go along with the series. This series is a fantasy series that take a look Vampyres (How its spelled in the series) in a way you never seen before. In this series becoming a Vampyre is a chemical change in your body and they aren't just monstrous like the vampire you've read about. It has mystery, romance, powers, and a struggle that everyone of us can understand. You really relate to these characters!

 2. Trylle Trilogy by Amanda Hocking

        This is a 3 book fantasy series about....trolls!! But not the bight colored troll with their hair standing up on their head or the mean ugly fat troll who lives under the bridge. But instead trolls that look like normal people!! That have their own kingdoms hidden inside our own world and we don't even realize it!! These books are BEYOND amazing! I have, also, read each of these books 5 times each (don't judge me). This series gives you Romance upon romance, being torn between what you want and duty, royalty and finding your true identity.

 3. Live Original by Sadie Robertson
 
        This book is by the motivational speaker Sadie Robertson. This book takes a step inside of Sadie's outlook on life while she opens up about herself and her values. It is a truly Inspiring book and I am so glad I opened it up and started reading it. I couldn't set it down once I started. I first learned about Sadie Robertson through her families show Duck Dynasty, my dad and I loved watching the show together. When I learned that she had wrote a book I was beyond excited to read it and I am so glad I did!

 4. The Host by Stephenie Meyer
   
      This book was incredible (the movie was good too). This book is about a parasitic alien race that is placed inside of humans and they "take over the body". In this book it follows one particular 'Soul' that is having the problem with the 'host body' because the human still remains conscious and is fighting against the soul. It shows friendship, survival, love, and family. I highly highly suggest reading this book if you love science fiction and fantasy books! I have read this book 3 times and I can tell you everything that happens in it, and yet it still gets to me every time!

 5. Girl, Stop Apologizing by Rachel Hollis

      I just read this book and actually finished a few days ago. It is extremely inspiring!! Rachel gives us a shame-free plan for embracing and achieving our goals. It's known as a self-help book to getting over all of the reasons that you never reach your goals. Rachel is truly inspiring and I am beyond glad I read it. I had seen people post, quite a lot, about her book Girl, Wash your face and so when I saw this book in walmart I decided to give it a go and I am beyond glad that I did!!! If you are looking for a self-help motivational look I suggest you look into this one!


Now a Bonus!! Two book I cannot wait to read!!

1. Live Fearless by Sadie Robertson
     Her first motivational book was so inspiring and I cannot wait to get my hands on this one!
2. Forgotten by P.C. and Kristen Cast (number 3 of the HoN OtherWorld Novels).
     I have read the first two books in this add on to HoN and I cannot wait for this one to come out to continue the journey in this version of HoN!!



What are y'all's favorite books to read??? I'd LOVE to hear from you guys!


"A reader lives a thousands lives before he dies....The man who never reads lives only one." George R.R. Martin. 


Image result for books

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Embracing Imperfection ~ Scars

There are many different posts I can make about "Embracing Imperfection" that's why I added a part to the title regarding this specific post Scars . We all can recognize what an external scar on the skin is; we've all fallen a few times and gotten a scrape that turns into a scar, in some cases the scar fades over time and in other cases they don't. But no-one really takes into account our internal scarring...why is that? Now I don't mean literally inside our body like scar tissue from a surgery, I mean our emotional scarring. The scarring that is so evidently present to us but no-one else sees it. If you take a look at the definition of a scar (just a scar in general) it, of course goes over other details but it also says that it is the process of wound repair and that it is a natural occurrence in the healing process . Let me repeat this...it is the process of wound repair and a natural occurrence in the healing process. What is the difference in that defi

Don't Give Them the Satisfaction

We all know what rejection feels like...no I don't mean getting turned from a guy or girl, I mean the rejection of being told you can't or maybe you won't be good at it, or anything else related those. So what I am about to tell you is super important....are you ready?? Don't give them the satisfaction! It's hard to keep going when you are told you can't do something or that you won't be good at something, but don't give the person the satisfaction of you quitting no matter what. Now, I'm not saying that every person who tells you that you won't be able to do something is meaning it in a cruel or malicious intent in mind, the person could just have your best interest in mind but still don't let them tell you what you have the ability to do. It's tough, trust me I know. When someone tells me I won't be good at something, will have a hard time with something, or that I just don't have the skills it hurts and it's hard to not gi

My Story Begins

My story is one that people around my community do not know, in fact the majority of even my friends are unaware. This is my way of getting this out, my way of letting people know and understand, and to Share the Glass Slipper ! There were times in high school that probably would have been a lot smoother had the teachers, staff, and students knew why I was the way I was. They didn't understand why I would prefer to have my nose in a book than to communicate with my classmates. This is my story, the one that has been told to very few people, aside from the strangers in my Washington DC presentation. From the time I was born until I was almost four I lived with my biological mother. During this time my 'first step-father' and mother moved me and my sisters from Alabama to Mississippi, away from my Father. My story begins, however, when my mother and 'first step-father' divorced and she moved in with another man. So now you ask what happened? During a visitation wit